What causes shoulder pain?
Shoulders are complicated joints susceptible to a range of injuries. These include:
- Instability, which occurs when your upper arm bone comes out of the socket, either partially or completely. This harms the neighboring muscles, tendons, and ligaments. If tissues do not recover sufficiently, the condition can become chronic.
- Tendon inflammation or a tendon tear can happen due to trauma or develop progressively as tissues experience aging and wear and tear.
- Osteoarthritis, which progresses gradually over time and can cause swelling, pain, and stiffness in your joint.
- Fractures, which are usually the result of a trauma or fall. Fractures cause extreme pain and swelling.
You may also suffer shoulder pain due to subluxations, or misalignments, in the vertebrae of your spine. This misalignment can cause compression and inflammation of nerves, muscles, and connective tissue, resulting in shoulder pain.
How is shoulder pain treated?
Painful shoulder injuries can take time to resolve, but as your injury heals and muscles reclaim their mobility and strength, the quality of your life drastically improves. At Keystone Health & Wellness Center, the focus is on your overall well-being. The team takes a holistic approach to get to the root of your pain and resolve any issues for good. The approach to shoulder pain is multifaceted and includes:
- Comprehensive medical care and unobtrusive solutions that work to reverse your pain, weakness, numbness, and loss of function
- Customized treatment plans based on your individual needs
- Advanced treatments, innovative technology, and natural modes that focus on overall wellness and injury prevention that don’t involve surgery or medications
What advanced treatments address shoulder pain?
The exact therapies applied to your shoulder pain depend on the cause of your issue. Nurse Practitioner Odom and Dr. Ryan take a multipronged approach that includes:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct misalignments in the spine that could be causing nerve pain
- Soft tissue manipulation to improve muscle function and relieve stiffness in the connective tissue
- Physical rehabilitation exercises to improve range of motion, shoulder strength, and shoulder flexibility
- Trigger point injections to relieve bundles of painful nerves
The team at Keystone Health & Wellness Center helps you recover from shoulder pain and injury. Call the office today to put a plan in place that’s aimed at healing your injury and restoring regular range of motion quickly.